Upon Swear-in, I will Co-Sponsor or Introduce Legislation that Promotes:
1. Embracing North American Energy: HR 909 (Roadmap for America's Energy Future); HR 1380 (Natural Gas for Transportation Solutions Act); HR 4402 (National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act); and HR 3548 (North American Energy Access Act)
2. Improve the Affordable Care Act with tort reform; interstate health insurance exchanges that have no minimum insurance policy mandates for small businesses or religious institutions; high-risk pools for pre-existing conditions; family plans for kids under 27; no IPAB (HR 452); etc.
3. Reducing America’s Corporate Tax Rate: HR 609 (American Competitiveness Act)
4. Right-Sizing Government: HR 1782 (Reduce Government Waste and Duplication per GAO Report) and picking from Senator Tom Coburn’s over $9 trillion deficit reduction menu, “Back in Black”
5. ** FIXED!! ** Reining in the Alternative Minimum Tax: HR 3747 (Increase the AMT Exemption Amount and Index it for Inflation)
6. Ending Illegal Immigration by mandating E-Verify (HR 800) and allowing illegals with employer sponsors the opportunity to work off $5,000 illegal entry fines and become taxed guest workers
7. Attracting/Retaining High-Skilled Immigrants: HR 399 (Stopping Trained in America Ph.D.’s from Leaving the Economy (STAPLE) Act)
8. Reforming Entitlements by preserving Medicare with the Seniors' Choice Act; block granting state Medicaid supports (HR 2013); and gradually raising Social Security's retirement age to 70 (HR 867) and adjusting its taxable wages cap -- up or down -- as needed for solvency
9. Fully Auditing the Federal Reserve: HR 459 (Federal Reserve Transparency Act) ** Successfully Passed the House! **
10. Ending Hyper-Partisanship by instructing members of Congress, “No budget, no pay!” (HR 3643)
11. Requiring 60% Bi-Cameral Majorities to Pass Deficit Spending: House Joint Resolution #2
12. Establishing Term Limits that no reasonable person can oppose: House - 20 years; Senate - 30 years. Such limits would today remove 49 Representatives and 6 Senators. Senator Mikulski would be serving her last term...
From 12 to 21!
Tax Reform: reduce our unsustainable borrowing by ending ethanol, oil company & hedge fund subsidies and limiting the mortgage interest deduction to $250K on a primary residence
Veterans: ensure sufficient administrative capacity at VA; fund "concurrent receipt" for all disabled veterans (HR 303)
Second Amendment: vigilantly protect the inherent right of responsible adults to defend themselves and their families
Intelligence: adopt National Security Agency's practice of including tear lines* on all Intelligence Information Reports community-wide
[* Tear Lines specify allowable verbiage for communicating the essence of a highly classified message at lower classifications]
American Business Liberty: allow American companies to freely expand within America: HR 1976 (Jobs Protection Act)
Presidential Appointments: require Senate to call an up or down vote within 90 days of each Presidential nomination
Giving Kids a Fair Start: promote pre-kindergarten education (HR 555) to reduce our dropout rate and avoid much higher social costs later on
Mr. Smith's Rule: Require real (not virtual) filibusters and end filibusters on motions to proceed
Reform NDAA: Strike the words, "or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners" from the National Defense Authorization Act. Such a phrase is WAY TOO VAGUE, and threatens law-abiding Americans who may contact, even unknowingly, the enemies (real or perceived) of a particular majority in power at the time.
** For information on each bill go to thomas.loc.gov